Sunday, August 28, 2016

August 26, 2016, Friday It's My Birthday! and August 27, Saturday - Fort Benton, MT

Friday 
 Well I got a call early this morning from Kristi and the kids singing Happy Birthday to me! Later I heard from Marsha, then Tony, then Pam and then Nancy. I also talked to Linda and Hazel a wee bit today. We drove around some and did a little more sightseeing. I checked the progress on my website - no news there. Then we got cleaned up and had a nap.


 We went to the car Races to celebrate my Birthday! We just got a hamburger there, since we have eaten out and got too full the last two nights. It was a very pleasant evening - had to put on my jacket as the sun went down. We came prepared with a sleeping bag too in case it got really cold, but we didn't need it. Saturday 
Today we got around (no small feat) and after walking the dogs and making ourselves somewhat presentable, we got on the road. Today we drove Northeast to Fort Benton, Montana. It is about 35 miles from here. It was a pleasant drive, Steve drove up and I drove back. The countryside is HUGE! Lots of big fields, huge barns and grain bins. Then there was a great scenic overlook where we took a lot of pictures. They tell the story of the area. 

 You get a great view of the Missouri River from this viewpoint. 







 Of course I love it because Lewis and Clark were here! I am so fascinated by their epic journey, I love to read about them. I also like to read about the Nez Perce Tribe and Chief Joseph. His final stand was north east of this spot - Battleground of the Bear's Paw. I will visit that someday also. 





We really enjoyed Fort Benton, it has a great trail along the Missouri River and if our dogs were more sociable - we would have walked more of it. We got a pretty good hamburger and an Excellent Huckleberry Shake for lunch. Then we returned back to the RV and guess what! We took a nap! When we got up I searched the internet for some property listings and sent some emails. So far, only one reply to my email. We sat outside and enjoyed a beautiful evening.

 When it got nice and dark, Steve and I went for a drive to the Great Falls International Airport to take pictures of all the city lights. 

 I took a picture of the bridge that is lit up blue at night. Then back to the RV for bedtime. All in all a very nice day!

No comments:

Post a Comment