Wednesday, August 31, 2016

August 28 & 29, 2016 Sunday & Monday

Sunday 
We didn't do a whole lot today. After we got around - we went to the commissary and bought groceries. Steve kept looking a little pooped out, like he was fading fast. About the time we checked out, he was light-headed, so I drove us back to the RV. We unloaded the groceries and took it somewhat easy. I expect we took a short nap. I also worked on a new blog post for my website: Dietitian Delivers. . Check it out! 

 Monday 
First order of business today was to see how to go about getting Steve's shots delivered here. First I call the Outdoor Rec ofc - where it was posted you could have mail sent. They said it would be better to have it sent Gen Del to the Maelstrom AFB Post Office. OK then. Next call the VA - shots were out of refills. Oh Boy! Call the SCI clinic - they will call back. And they did call back - before noon. The nice nurse said she would get things going. Okie Dokie.
 Then we decided to go for a walk on the trail at Giant Springs State Park, along the Missouri River. It was a really nice walk - and we weren't going to go too far - but kept seeing stuff we wanted to look at. It is a great trail - they even have a paved trail for bikes and walkers. We used it and the dirt path both.

 The River is magnificent. So hard to imagine how it must have looked before dams - when Lewis and Clark were here. 




Probably very wild.






 We headed back to the pickup, by then it was feeling pretty hot - even though the temperature was below 80 degrees - the sun was blasting us with heat. Poor little Poopsie- she was panting so hard we rested several times on the return trip and I carried her a few times to give her a break. Anyway we made it back to the pickup - and I give her a Buster some of my iced tea. That made them happy. Of course we forgot to bring extra water for us or the dogs. Duh! When will we learn? We had lunch back at the RV and then I read a book and worked on mail chimp. Steve took a nap and I think I had a short nap also. After supper we went to K-Mart and Target - looking for different things. That about finished off Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment