Saturday, July 1, 2017

Fuel Filter Thursday, June 29, 2017

Steve tried his new filter and adaptor, but the fittings and fuel line won't cooperate. We got on the computer and looked up some information. We also made reservations at Thousand Trails Parks in Washington for the first 2 weeks of July. Decided to go to Hanser's to see if they have the adaptor for the fuel filter. They did! Oh Happy Day - Went into Cabella's and looked around. I wanted a long - sleeved T-Shirt because this girl did not pack any! I can't believe I didn't even pack one Long Sleeved T-Shirt. Oh well, I didn't buy any - they were too expensive and not that great.
Back to the RV - Steve tried to put on the fuel filter but was afraid he would ruin the lines, so we went Hansers for fitting and lines - they don't have anything . They sent us to Hoses and Rubbers (yes that is the real name). They talked to us about what we need - but didn't have it and could not get it until probably mid July. My heart sunk! We have plans, I thought to myself and reservations - this would really screw things up. So they said go to Automotive Performance or some other place. We went to Automotive Performance and they got us fixed up, we think (cross your fingers). Oh, also it started raining and it is about 56 degrees. Back to the RV. Steve started working on this install about 5:15 PM in the rain and in a pool of cold water (under the RV) and is still working on it at 7:15 PM. I'm gonna go check on him! He finished about 7:30 PM. Also the stupid GPS in the pickup is acting up--if we have time we will go to Best Buy or Walmart and buy a new one. I think we will try a Garmin - actually I want to smash the one we have with a sledgehammer!

No comments:

Post a Comment