Friday, July 28, 2017

Wednesday & Thursday, July 26 & 27, 2017 Daily Life in the RV

Wednesday Today - a trip to Walmart. I talked to all my sisters. Also I ordered Austyn's Birthday presents online. Then there was a nap. I fixed Orange Chicken, Rice, and salad for supper. We walked the campground a few times. This was just a regular day with no big excitement! Some days that is OK! Thursday Today was started with a nice long walk with the dogs. It was cool and overcast, perfect for walking. Next - get Austyn's birthday card mailed. So we drove to the post office and mailed her card. Guess what I spied? A Bakery - Yum! Steve & I went in and started checking it out. Lots of lovely looking baked goods! So I chose a chocolate chip cookie and Steve got an oatmeal raisin cookie. We also got a baguette to take home. The cookies were to die for! Yum! Before we got here Steve stopped and took a picture because he saw the loch ness monster (tide was out).
Then we drove to Larrabee State Park. Washington's first state park. We walked down a steep hill, some steps and under the railroad tracks (tunnel), then down a steep trail - The beach area looked crowed or rocky. So we stopped and climbed back to the top, pausing to watch a train go by.
Here is a barn with lots of wood ready for winter!
After we got back to the RV I finished a book in this series I've been reading. Steve took a nap. More dog walking and just sitting outside enjoying the cool weather.
Tonight we watched Night Shift, a summer TV show I really like. It doesn't come on until 10 PM and it's over at 11 PM (Pacific Time). Next is news so we go to bed later, which is not unusual for me --I love to stay up late, but that means I get up last also - Oh well! I am not "the early bird that gets the worm". I have had trouble keeping up the blog because of poor cell signals or poor wifi. Sometimes we have neither. It takes forever to upload pictures. And the blog is just not fun without pictures also I don't always want to write and so I just want to write a little and upload lots of pictures. Another problem is blogspot.com. I used to have a great app on the phone that would let me insert the pictures into my blog easily. That app no longer works and now I have another app that doesn't work well either. So I have to connect the phone using the cord tethered to the iMac and download the pictures then upload them to the blog. A much more tedious process. It's so much easier to use Facebook. I am penning this at the lodge, Mount Vernon Thousand Trails - the wifi is pretty slow but useable.

No comments:

Post a Comment